Mission and Vision
About the School of Medicine
Our mission at the University of Nevada, Reno School of Medicine is to improve the health and well-being of all Nevadans and their communities through:
- Excellence in student education and postgraduate training that produces national leaders in medicine
- Excellence in clinical care of the highest quality, safety and innovation
- Excellence in biomedical and behavioral research with local, national and global impact
- Demonstrated commitment to an institutional culture of respect, compassion and diversity
A Healthy Nevada.
The University of Nevada, Reno School of Medicine recognizes that diversity promotes excellence in education, research and health care. Our school is an inclusive and engaged community and recognizes the added value that students, faculty and staff from different backgrounds bring to the educational experience. We strive to develop culturally competent graduates to care for the residents of Nevada and the nation.
Our Professional Code of Conduct
Consistent with our mission statement, the University of Nevada, Reno School of Medicine seeks to provide a healthful and positive environment that promotes excellence in clinical care and education. Central to that mission are our patients, who provide us with the opportunity to train health care professionals of the future while enhancing the health and well-being of the community. We seek to create an environment that serves all who enter our doors, from the physicians who teach our learners, to our employees and patients, whose health we seek to improve. Achievement of that goal is dependent upon the development of positive relationships in the workplace and the commitment to competence and excellence by our physicians and health care professionals. As members of this organization, we will work together to build an environment of professionalism, inclusion, dignity and respect to act as responsible, trusted partners committed to the mission of the School of Medicine.
To work at the University of Nevada, Reno School of Medicine means that the individual is a trusted partner who understands the mission and values of the organization and is willing to act responsibly and work with others to achieve School of Medicine objectives.
Our Core Values
- Compassion: We will practice kindness, understanding and caring towards our patients and each other. We will be committed to aid those that are sick, understand what they may be going through and create a positive, healing environment.
- Respect: We practice fairness, communicate appropriately and respectfully with our patients and each other.
- Diversity: We value and support institutional diversity. In our environment, we will commit to inclusive and consistent practices toward our patients and each other.
- Safety: We will make a commitment to provide a safe environment free of threats and danger.
- Integrity: We will act in an ethical, honest and responsible manner. We will hold ourselves accountable to always act with integrity.
- Excellence: We will strive to be professional, to work toward improvement with an expectation of excellence in professional and organizational standards.
- Customer Service: We will provide excellent customer service and insure that the needs of all customers, both internal and external are met. We will commit to remove barriers and create easy and convenient access for our patients and those we serve.
- Stewardship: We will embody the responsible planning and management of resources, financial and human.