Pre-medical (undergraduate) applicants
Office of Admissions
- Meet with your college major advisor.
- Find out what resources your college offers to students preparing to apply to medical school.
- Meet with the pre-professional advisor at your college or university. This person specializes in advising students preparing to apply to all professional school options (medicine, dental, law).
- Check out the resources for students who are considering a career in medicine provided by the Association of American Medical Colleges.
- Educate yourself about the required coursework at all the medical schools you may be interested in applying to, including University of Nevada, Reno School of Medicine required coursework.
- Learn about what other factors are important when evaluating applicants to medical school for all schools you are interested in applying to including University of Nevada, Reno School of Medicine selection factors.
- Read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ). This should answer many of your questions.
- Are you an in-state or out-of-state applicant? Check out the residency requirements for the University of Nevada, Reno School of Medicine and for all medical schools you are considering.
- Update your resume so it includes all your experience, work, education and accomplishments to date.
- Take a look at your transcript. Know your overall GPA, science GPA and non-science GPA. Check out these requirements for accepted applicants at the School of Medicine and all other medical schools you are considering.
- Plan to attend School of Medicine information sessions on your campus, if you attend a Nevada university or college.
Still have questions? Contact Admissions Coordinator Pat Romney or call (775) 784-6063. Please note advising sessions with School of Medicine staff are very limited during October through January due to the admissions cycle.