BS-MD Instructions, Guidelines & Tips
General BS-MD Guidelines
- The application opens November 15 and closes at 11:59 p.m. on January 22. Under no circumstances will late application materials be accepted.
- Follow all instructions and guidelines for the submission of application materials. Materials received in any other way will not be accepted and the application will be considered incomplete.
- Specific instructions for each application section can also be found throughout the online application.
- We will not be reviewing applications until the January 22 deadline. We will notify you within two weeks after the deadline to let you know whether you've received an interview.
The Online BS-MD Application
- Do not wait until the last minute to submit this. Electronic glitches will not be accepted as an excuse for late submission.
- Read instructions thoroughly, including formatting requests.
- You can save and return to your application by creating a free account with FormSite. This is recommended so you don't have to complete it all at once, or start over. Be sure to make note of your login information and return link.
Supplemental Application Questions
- Include your first name in the Header of the document.
- Responses should be single-spaced, 11-12pt font, and must meet word count requirements.
- Responses should be made to all four of the required questions. The questions may be found on the BS-MD website.
- Save and submit the statement as a PDF using the upload tool in the online application.
Letters of Recommendation
- Print three (3) BS-MD Program Reference Request Forms. Provide this form to each of your letter writers. They will need to include it when they submit their letter for you.
- Three (3) letters of recommendation are required (only three, additional letters will not be reviewed). Letters will be from each of the following:
- one letter MUST be from a math or science teacher
- one letter from any academic environment
- one letter MUST be from a clinical or community environment such as a physician you shadowed, a volunteer coordinator, boss or community leader with whom you've worked
- It is a good idea to request letters early and in person. Provide your letter writers with a current resume and information about the BS-MD Accelerated Degree Program.
- Letters MUST be submitted electronically and directly to the BS-MD Program. Submission via Interfolio is also acceptable.
You must submit transcripts from all high schools where you have completed coursework and any colleges where you may have already completed coursework as well.
Request transcripts early. We must receive them by January 22.
Transcripts must be official and sent directly from the institution to the BS-MD Program at the following address:
University of Nevada, Reno
School of Medicine BS-MD Program
Attn: Catherine Four
1664 W Virginia St, MS 0357
Reno, NV 89557-0357
Electronic, official transcripts will also be accepted. Please send to the BS-MD Program.
You will be asked to upload a color photo of yourself at the end of the application. JPG, PNG, or PDF are preferred.
A headshot is preferred. We recommend that you are dressed professionally for the photo.