Medical College Admissions Test: the minimum score to apply to the School of Medicine is 497 for in-state applicants. Out-of-state applicants are required to have a 500 or above.
- The MCAT must be taken no later than September of the application year
- The MCAT must be taken within three years of the anticipated year of matriculation and no later than September prior to the planned year of entrance
- 2013 scores will be accepted through application year 2015-2016
- 2014 scores will be accepted through application year 2016-2017
- The School of Medicine will see all MCAT scores but considers only your most recent MCAT score
- Beginning with application cycle 2015-2016:
- Applicants must have a minimum UGPA of 2.8 (we do not round up) to apply. If an applicant has taken graduate coursework and has a GPA of 3.5 (we do not round up) we will consider their application as long as they meet the minimum MCAT score listed below
- Applicants must have a minimum score of 25 on the old MCAT to apply
- Services such as Kaplan, Princeton Review, Khan Academy and Exam Krackers are great places to start your studying.
- For proper preparation, start studying at least three months before you want to take the test.
- The average MCAT score for students accepted to the School of Medicine is approximately the 73rd percentile .