August 20, 2014
ACT in Primary Care
Psychiatry Grand Rounds
Please Note: This event has already occurred.
Steven C. Hayes, Ph.D.
Foundation Professor and Director of Clinical Training
Department of Psychology
University of Nevada, Reno
Objectives: Upon completion of the program, the participant will be able to:
- State at least three key features of psychological flexibility targeted by Acceptance and Commitment Therapy.
- Describe the relationship between psychological flexibility and outcomes in primary medical care settings in at least two common medical conditions.
- Describe at least one method for increasing psychology flexibility that is applicable to brief primary care visits.
- Summarize the current state of the evidence regarding the breadth of application of ACT to problems encountered in primary care.
CME: The University of Nevada School of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to sponsor continuing medical education for physicians. The University of Nevada School of Medicine designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.50 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- Center for Molecular Medicine: Room 111
- Grand Rounds
- Continuing Education
- North (Reno Area)