February 23, 2017
NGEC Caregiver Conference: Maintaining a Safe Home for Your Residents (Las Vegas)
Registration is required
8 a.m.–5 p.m.
Please Note: This event has already occurred.
Dates, Times, and Locations:
Las Vegas: Thursday, February 23, 2017, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Optum, 2700 North Tenaya Way, 2716 Building, Marlon Auditorium, Las Vegas, NV
Directions to Optum: Optum is located on Tenaya Way between Smoke Ranch and Cheyenne (just off US 95 North). Drive into the main entrance of the complex, located at 2700 Tenaya Way. The Marlon Auditorium is located n the first floor of the 2716 Building. Please check in with security to get your visitor's badge.
Register online for the NGEC Caregiver Conference. *Please note: Registration is not complete until NGEC receives your printed registration form and a registration check made out to Board of Regents for $35 and mailed to; Nevada Geriatric Education Center, 1446 North Virginia Street, Mail Stop 0146, Reno, Nevada 89557.
Directors, administrators and staff of Homes for Individual Residential Care, Residential Facilities for Groups (group homes), Assisted Living Facilities and Nursing Facilities and caregivers or others interested in the topics are welcome to attend.
At the conclusion of this conference, participant will able to:
- Identify boundary issues, dual or multiple relationships, confidentiality, and professional competency in providing services to residents that have been victims of crime
- Define the role of the ombudsman and explain updates on ombudsman services
- Describe caregiving stress, burnout symptoms and effects and name three ways to deal with caregiver burnout
- Describe the Veterans in Care program
- Identify the correct agency's role in regards to a home resident declining and how requiring a higher level of care
- Outline each agency's role in dealing with an isolated resident tat us experiencing family conflict
- Explain the facility license application and renewal process
- Answer questions concerning regulations regarding resident facilities
- Recognize the professional boundaries and confidentiality required when handling, documenting and distributing narcotics and schedule II medications to residents
Continuing Education Credit: This program has been submitted for 7.0 hours of continuing education credit to the Nevada Board of Examiners for Long-Term Care Administrators (which includes approvals for 2.0 hours of regulations for administrators and ethics), Marriage and Family Therapists, and Social Workers (which includes approvals for 2.0 hour for ethics). The University of Nevada, Reno, Sanford Center for Aging approves this program for 7.0 hours of continuing education credits for Nurses. Note: This training is only appropriate for marriage and family therapists nurses, and social workers that work in or with long-term care facilities.
This training is offered through support from the Nevada Aging and Disability Services Division (ADSD).
- Optum, 2700 North Tenaya Way, 2716 Building, Marlon Auditorium, Las Vegas, NV
- Continuing Education
- Faculty and Staff
- Health Professional
- South (Las Vegas Area)