February 9, 2017
NGEC Caregiver Conference: Maintaining a Safe Home for Your Residents (Reno)
Registration is required
8 a.m.–5 p.m.
Please Note: This event has already occurred.
Dates, Times, and Locations:
Reno: Thursday, February 9, 2017, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Best Western Airport Plaza Hotel and Conference Center, 1981 Terminal Way, Reno, NV
Directions to Best Western Airport Plaza Hotel and Conference Center: From Freeway 80 or 590 (395): Travel south on Highway 580/395, take exit 65A and turn left on Villanova Drive, right on Terminal Way. From 580 (395) North: Take exit 65 and make a right onto Plumb Lane. Make a left at the next light, Terminal Way. The Best Western Airport Plaza Hotel is adjacent to the Reno-Tahoe International Airport.
Register online for the NGEC Caregiver Conference. *Please note: Registration is not complete until NGEC receives your printed registration form and a registration check made out to Board of Regents for $35 and mailed to; Nevada Geriatric Education Center, 1446 North Virginia Street, Mail Stop 0146, Reno, Nevada 89557.
Directors, administrators and staff of Homes for Individual Residential Care, Residential Facilities for Groups (group homes), Assisted Living Facilities and Nursing Facilities and caregivers or others interested in the topics are welcome to attend.
At the conclusion of this conference, participant will able to:
- Identify boundary issues, dual or multiple relationships, confidentiality, and professional competency in providing services to residents that have been victims of crime
- Define the role of the ombudsman and explain updates on ombudsman services
- Describe caregiving stress, burnout symptoms and effects and name three ways to deal with caregiver burnout
- Describe the Veterans in Care program
- Identify the correct agency's role in regards to a home resident declining and how requiring a higher level of care
- Outline each agency's role in dealing with an isolated resident tat us experiencing family conflict
- Explain the facility license application and renewal process
- Answer questions concerning regulations regarding resident facilities
- Recognize the professional boundaries and confidentiality required when handling, documenting and distributing narcotics and schedule II medications to residents
Continuing Education Credit: This program has been submitted for 7.0 hours of continuing education credit to the Nevada Board of Examiners for Long-Term Care Administrators (which includes approvals for 2.0 hours of regulations for administrators and ethics), Marriage and Family Therapists, and Social Workers (which includes approvals for 2.0 hour for ethics). The University of Nevada, Reno, Sanford Center for Aging approves this program for 7.0 hours of continuing education credits for Nurses. Note: This training is only appropriate for marriage and family therapists nurses, and social workers that work in or with long-term care facilities.
This training is offered through support from the Nevada Aging and Disability Services Division (ADSD).
- Best Western Airport Plaza Hotel and Conference Center, 1981 Terminal Way, Reno, NV
- Continuing Education
- Faculty and Staff
- Health Professional
- North (Reno Area)