The School of Medicine understands the importance of reaching out to the community. Engaging with local residents to help them understand not only the services we offer but also how the school makes an impact on the State is an important initiative. The School of Medicine connects with other local health care professionals, with public service employees and with citizens to build a strong collaboration in improving health in Nevada. We support a number of programs that provide the community with the resources and education they need to make a difference.
- Advanced Surgical Training Lab: a lab for physicians to use while acquiring new procedural skills or for vendors to test and demonstrate surgical products
- Anatomical Donation Program: whole body donation to medical research
- Nevada Instant Atlas: County-level health workforce and population health database
- Nevada Radiation Exposure Screening and Education Program (RESEP): education program on radiation exposure and screening in Nevada
- Office for Community Faculty: connecting community physicians with medical students
- The Transplant Network: an organ donation program