School of Medicine Alumni Association
There are dozens of ways to volunteer at the School of Medicine, whether you are located in Reno, Las Vegas or anywhere else around the nation! Time commitments cover a broad spectrum from several hours per week to several hours per year. Whatever your schedule and interests allow, we hope you will consider reconnecting with the school in this meaningful way. Our alumni expertise is one of our school's best assets.
- Serve as a class agent and work with the alumni chapter to keep your class involved
- Advise a first year medical student, minimum time commitment via email and phone communication
- Mentor a third year medical student through one-on-one meetings, in person commitment of six hours per year
- Teach in an adjunct faculty position
- Assist in recruiting efforts with undergraduate students
- Participate in a variety of medical student programming activities
- Mentor a BS to MD student
- Host a medical student visiting your city for residency interviews
- Participate on a committee in medical education or student affairs
- Plan a reunion
For more information or to volunteer contact Seema Donahoe, Associate Director of Development and Alumni Relations (775) 682-7304.