Office of Graduate Medical Education
We are excited to have you as a visiting resident. There is a lot to accomplish in a very short amount of time, so please do not delay in getting started.
Please note: You are responsible for your own lodging and transportation. If you have any questions or need assistance, use the following link to access the coordinator's listing.
Application Process and Processing Time
You must apply for a medical license with the Nevada State Board of Medical Examiners or the Board of Medicine in order to complete a rotation. Complete the applications as soon as possible and submit the materials requested directly to the respective board.
Please complete your materials including license procedures in a timely manner to ensure licensing is in place prior to the rotation. University of Nevada, Reno School of Medicine and University Medical Center of Southern Nevada (UMC) are not responsible for obtaining, verifying application materials, or issuance of the state license. If you do not receive your license from the state board in a timely manner and provide the actual license to the School of Medicine, you will not be able to rotate.
BOM (DO) Application
Contact Tammy Sine with any questions at (702) 732-2147
NSBME (MD) Application
Contact Lynette Daniels with any questions at (888) 890-8210 or (775) 688-2559 ext. 236.
- Instructions on How to Complete the NSBME (MD) Application
- NSBME (MD) License Application
- Contact a License Specialist: The board's license specialists are available Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. PST at (775) 688-2559 to handle inquiries regarding applications for licensure
Submit the following to this address:
Graduate Medical Education Coordinator
1701 West Charleston Boulevard, Suite 590
Las Vegas, Nevada 89102
Phone (702) 671-6437
Fax (702) 671-6442
- Proof of malpractice insurance coverage for the entire rotation period;
- Current TB test within the last 12 month (if positive submit proof of chest X-ray and results)
Plus these forms:
- Attestation Form [doc]
- Medical Records Form [doc]
NPI Form [doc]
As of April 2007, all rotating residents at the School of Medicine and UMC are required to have an NPI number. Please apply for your number as soon as possible as it takes several days to get this number.
- UMC Information Security Request Form [pdf]
- UMC LV Packet [pdf]