Medical License Application Procedure Osteopathic Medical Board
Office of Graduate Medical Education
What You Need To Provide
Please go to the GME New Residents page to download the application listed in Step 2.
Please complete in full, (Please note the Affidavit and Authorization for Release of Information (page 10) - MUST be notarized) and submit the application along with the following documents:
- Certified copy of original birth certificate (if born in the US) or notarized copy of passport or identification card (if not born in US)
- Transcripts of any and all NBOME, FLEX, COMPLEX, USMLE tests taken. An applicant must have passed at least step one of any national licensing exam. These must be sent from the National Board in a separate envelope to the State of Nevada Board of Osteopathic Medicine, 901 American Pacific Drive, Ste. 180, Henderson, NV 89014. Attention - Tammy Sine (This is a State Requirement)
- Transcripts sent from your medical school in a separate envelope to the State of Nevada Board of Osteopathic Medicine901 American Pacific Drive, Ste. 180, Henderson, NV 89014. Attention - Tammy Sine (This is a State Requirement)
- A letter from your institution stating you will be covered by malpractice insurance during your rotation at University of Nevada, Reno School of Medicine/UMC and the amount of that coverage.
- A (negative) TB Test within the last 12 months.
- A statement from your program director listing all the procedures you are approved to perform (delineation of privileges).
- A SIGNED ATTESTATION form (attached) from your Medical Education Director
- License fee -please provide a CASHIERS' CHECK or MONEY ORDER made out to State of Nevada Board of Osteopathic Medicine for $200.00 to cover the fee for your temporary license.
- NPI Number listed on the attached form.
What UMC Will Provide
The School of Medicine will also provide the "Certificate of Appointment for Postgraduate Training" at our institution. Please acquire this from the institution prior to sending your materials to the board.
Overnight Mail Completed Documents To
Attention - Tammy Sine
State of Nevada Board of Osteopathic Medicine
901 American Pacific Drive, Ste. 180, Henderson, NV 89014