Medical License Application Procedure Medical Examiners Board
Office of Graduate Medical Education
What You Need To Provide
Download the Rotating Resident Application for Limited Medical License from the Nevada State Board of Medical Examiners.
Please notify Lynette Daniels at the Nevada State Board of Medical Examiners, The number is: (888) 890-8210 or (775) 688-2559, Ext. 236. Please complete, in full, and submit the application with a copy of following items:
- Certified Copy of Birth certificate (if born in the US) or Notarized Copy of Passport (if born elsewhere)
- Medical School Diploma.
- You must obtain and send a letter from your institution stating you will be covered by malpractice insurance during your rotation at UMC and the amount of that coverage.
- In addition, you must obtain and send a letter to the Nevada State Board of Medical Examiners [mailed in a separate envelope] from your institution stating you are a resident in their program in good standing, your expected date of completion and the name of the program, director's name and that you are in good health. Also, a copy of the license you are currently working under from your institution.
- The State Board will send you a Kit to be finger printed and have a background check done. You must complete this process immediately, as it may affect your application from being processed in a timely manner.
- A SIGNED ATTESTATION form (attached) from your Medical Education Director (new for FY09)
- A negative TB test within the last 12 months.
- A statement from your program director listing the procedures you are currently approved to perform (delineation of privileges).
- Letter of Recommendation from the School of Medicine Surgery Program Coordinator.
- License fee - please provide a CASHIERS' CHECK or MONEY ORDER for $175.00 made out to Nevada State Board of Medical Examiners to cover the fee for your temporary license and background check.
Overnight Mail Completed Documents To
Nevada Board of Medical Examiners (address on the application)
Send to the attention of Lynette Daniels