Department of Internal Medicine
The University of Nevada, Reno School of Medicine Geriatrics Fellowship is accepting applications for 3 fellowship training positions in our one-year ACGME-accredited clinical geriatric fellowship with no in-house call duties. This fellowship is suitable for graduates of internal medicine or family medicine residency programs.
The program offers advanced training and mentoring in geriatric medicine, with added focus in:
- Home care
- Transitional levels of care
- QI and patient safety
- Interdisciplinary team skills
We foster close faculty and program director mentoring of fellows.
Training sites include Ioannis Lougaris Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Renown Regional Medical Center, and Renown Rehabilitation Hospital.
The American Board of Internal Medicine recognizes Certification in Geriatric Medicine as a subspecialty. Recertification in Geriatric Medicine (every 10 years) does not require active certification maintenance in general Internal Medicine.
Board eligibility/certification in Internal Medicine or Family Medicine is a prerequisite. As Geriatrics is a specialty with a provider shortage, the fellowship accepts J1 visa candidates on a conditional basis. Contact the program coordinator or director for more detail. Salary is at the PGY 4 level, depending on previous training. Moonlighting is allowed with approval. General duty hours are approximately from 8 am to 5 pm Monday through Friday with phone coverage from 7 am to 7 pm Monday through Friday.
For more information:
Sneha Sharma, Program Coordinator
- Clinical Care: Geriatrics Fellowship
- Education and Responsibilities: Geriatrics Fellowship
- Educational Goals: Geriatrics Medicine Fellowship
- Scholarly Activity by Fellows and Faculty: Geriatric Medicine Fellowship
- Past Fellows Professional Activities: Geriatrics Medicine Fellowship
- Research: Geriatrics Fellowship
- FAQs: Geriatric Medicine Fellowship
- Geriatrics Faculty and Staff: Geriatrics Fellowship