• The Department of Physiology and Cell Biology will host a memorial for Dr. Doug Redelman on Wednesday, March 8 at 4 p.m. in the CMM atrium.
University of Nevada, Reno School of Medicine
• Free clinic dates for March 2017 announced.
• The University of Nevada, Reno School of Medicine welcomes Jeremy Alltop, MSA, FHFMA, to its new position of senior associate dean for administration and finance.
• Teaching medical students is at the heart of what we do at the University of Nevada, Reno School of Medicine. Each of us contributes in some critical way to medical education.
• The Sanford Center for Aging's Senior Outreach Services will offer a monthly educational talk series for seniors and senior care-takers this spring.
• The University of Nevada, Reno School of Medicine will host ‘the career of a medical student in a day’ informational program, called Project Medical Education Nevada, for selected government and community leaders on Friday, Feb. 3 in Reno.
• The University of Nevada Reno, School of Medicine announces its free Student Outreach Clinics for February, in a continuing effort to assist northern Nevada’s medically uninsured with needed health care services.
• A program created by HMR Weight Management Services (HMR) and offered by the University of Nevada, Reno School of Medicine is ranked first for “Best Fast Weight-Loss Diet” in the 2017 Best Diets rankings released this month by U.S. News & World Report.
Nevada Department of Public Safety - Office of Traffic Safety awards grant to University of Nevada, Reno School of Medicine
• The Nevada Department of Public Safety – Office of Traffic Safety awarded a grant for $229,291 to Deborah A. Kuhls, M.D., FACS, FCCM (principal investigator) and Laura Gryder, MA (co-investigator).
• Two-day event provides health sciences students an experience in cultural awareness.
• Project ECHO Nevada brings sports medicine expertise to rural communities.
• Gifts from donors will provide for students.
• An update on diversity and inclusion developments in our campus community.
• Nevada’s first Population Health Conference, was held Nov. 17 and focused on innovative programs by the private and public sectors to improve the health of Nevadans.
• A generous gift from the estate of the late Lillian Gilbert will create an endowed research program in movement disorders at the University's School of Medicine.
• Current and former employees and their family and friends from Mojave Mental Health offered an early Thanksgiving meal to clients on Nov. 17 at their office on West Moana Ave.
• How fortunate we are to work in medicine and health care.
• Microbiology department dedicated its newest facility in early November.
• Nearly 20 University of Nevada, Reno School of Medicine residents and fellows attended the second annual celebration dinner at Wild River Grille on Nov. 16 hosted by Renown Health.
• The University of Nevada, Reno School of Medicine announces its free Student Outreach Clinics for December
• Tour shows value of fundraising to research.
• Max Coppes rolls out formal pediatrics department structure.
• The Graduate Medical Education (GME) survey assesses the future employment and continuing educational plans of exiting residents and fellows.
• An overview of the opioid epidemic in the United States was presented by drug addiction experts in a free, public panel discussion in Las Vegas on Monday, Oct. 10.
• Our most precious and fundamental mission is educating and mentoring students to become outstanding physicians.