• Brian Lauf, PA-C, founding director of the University of Nevada, Reno School of Medicine’s PA program recently was invited to speak to a group of about 20 UNR undergraduate/post-bac students.
University of Nevada, Reno School of Medicine
• The University of Nevada Reno, School of Medicine announces its free Student Outreach Clinics for April.
• UNR Med students continued their tradition of placing in some of the nation’s most competitive residency programs today upon learning the results of the National Resident Matching Program.
• University of Nevada, Reno Foundation Trustee Mick Hitchcock, Ph.D. recently established the Mick Hitchcock, Ph.D. Endowed Chair in Medical Biochemistry at the University of Nevada, Reno School of Medicine, which formally welcomed the inaugural chair, Peter L. Jones, Ph.D., on March 6.
• Sixty-seven medical students at the University of Nevada, Reno School of Medicine will learn where they will receive their residency training on Friday, March 17 at 9 a.m.
• The University of Nevada, Reno School of Medicine hosted “Project Medical Education Nevada” on February 3, providing 18 community leaders and those in the broader health care sector with the opportunity to have one-on-one interactions with medical students while learning firsthand about what it takes to become a doctor.
• The University of Nevada, Reno School of Medicine has had, from its very earliest days, a fundamental commitment to serving the healthcare needs of rural Nevada.
• The Nevada Rural and Frontier Health Data Book — Eighth Edition contains a wide range of current information on the demography, population health, and the health care delivery system in rural and frontier regions of Nevada.
• The Department of Physiology and Cell Biology will host a memorial for Dr. Doug Redelman on Wednesday, March 8 at 4 p.m. in the CMM atrium.
• Free clinic dates for March 2017 announced.
• The University of Nevada, Reno School of Medicine welcomes Jeremy Alltop, MSA, FHFMA, to its new position of senior associate dean for administration and finance.
• Teaching medical students is at the heart of what we do at the University of Nevada, Reno School of Medicine. Each of us contributes in some critical way to medical education.
• The Sanford Center for Aging's Senior Outreach Services will offer a monthly educational talk series for seniors and senior care-takers this spring.
• The University of Nevada, Reno School of Medicine will host ‘the career of a medical student in a day’ informational program, called Project Medical Education Nevada, for selected government and community leaders on Friday, Feb. 3 in Reno.
• The University of Nevada Reno, School of Medicine announces its free Student Outreach Clinics for February, in a continuing effort to assist northern Nevada’s medically uninsured with needed health care services.
• A program created by HMR Weight Management Services (HMR) and offered by the University of Nevada, Reno School of Medicine is ranked first for “Best Fast Weight-Loss Diet” in the 2017 Best Diets rankings released this month by U.S. News & World Report.
Nevada Department of Public Safety - Office of Traffic Safety awards grant to University of Nevada, Reno School of Medicine
• The Nevada Department of Public Safety – Office of Traffic Safety awarded a grant for $229,291 to Deborah A. Kuhls, M.D., FACS, FCCM (principal investigator) and Laura Gryder, MA (co-investigator).
• Two-day event provides health sciences students an experience in cultural awareness.
• Project ECHO Nevada brings sports medicine expertise to rural communities.
• Gifts from donors will provide for students.
• An update on diversity and inclusion developments in our campus community.
• Nevada’s first Population Health Conference, was held Nov. 17 and focused on innovative programs by the private and public sectors to improve the health of Nevadans.
• A generous gift from the estate of the late Lillian Gilbert will create an endowed research program in movement disorders at the University's School of Medicine.
• Current and former employees and their family and friends from Mojave Mental Health offered an early Thanksgiving meal to clients on Nov. 17 at their office on West Moana Ave.
• How fortunate we are to work in medicine and health care.