• Gifts from donors will provide for students.
Development and Alumni Relations
University of Nevada, Reno School of Medicine
• Hugh Collet, M.D. donated a set of anatomical prints with an interesting background to the School of Medicine on June 18.
• The Donna Turner Rural Medical Education Award has been awarded to its first recipient, Cassandra Puccinelli, M.D., from the University of Nevada School of Medicine’s Class of 2015.
• The 2015 Colby Cassani Endowed Lectureship was given on Feb. 25 to first-year medical students at the School of Medicine.
• Seema Donahoe has been hired as the School of Medicine, Division of Health Sciences associate development director.
• University of Nevada School of Medicine faculty Carol Cheney, M.D. and Joshua Bardin, M.D. recently made provisions in their estate to establish an endowed scholarship to support medical students.
• Noted biomedical researcher Mick Hitchcock has made a gift to establish the Mick Hitchcock, Ph.D. Endowed Chair in Medical Biochemistry at the University of Nevada, Reno.
• Dale Carrison, D.O., chair of emergency medicine at the University of Nevada School of Medicine, accepted a check in the amount of $30,000 from Pasquale Rotella, chief executive officer of Insomniac, the company that produces the annual Electric Daisy Carnival in Las Vegas on Oct. 27.
• Memorial scholarship endowment honors Caroline Graham-Lamberts
• The Betty Ford Center received a generous multi-year grant from the E. L. Wiegand Foundation, to the University of Nevada School of Medicine expanded education of addiction medicine for students and faculty.
• Starla Cassani presents a check to Tom Schwenk, M.D., dean of the School of Medicine, for a lectureship series and its mission to support organ and tissue donation
• Michael Daubs is School of Medicine's new orthopaedic surgery chief
• School of Medicine hires Wendy Nelson as development director in Las Vegas