Office for Community Faculty
As a community faculty member, there are a number of ways to get involved with the school of medicine. We encourage all members to participate in activities that are interesting to them in order to interact with students in a variety of methods.
- Student Outreach Clinic: Student Outreach Clinics provide free care for the medically uninsured.
- Case of the Week: a week-long clinical case for first and second-year students, which integrates basic science content into the practice of medicine.
- Years 1 & 2 Preceptor: Community faculty mentor a medical student during the first two years of school.
- Year 3 & Year 4 Clerkships/Electives: Clerkship teaching and elective development for students to gain clinical experiences.
- Rural Rotation: students experience clinical immersion in the small, rural, or frontier community.