Obstetrics and Gynecology Women’s Health Care - 651 Las Vegas
Las Vegas - 6 weeks
Clerkship Director: Ryan A. K. Young, M.D.
Clerkship Department Assistant: Jessie Herrero
Number of Weeks: Inpatient Setting 4 Outpatient Setting 2
- The Birthing Experience: Participate in rounds, deliveries and in the management of laboring patients.
- Ambulatory Women's Healthcare: Participate in the care of Clinic patients including high risk obstetric, postpartum, postoperative, prenatal, gynecologic and procedure patients.
- In-patient Women's Healthcare: Gynecologic Surgeries.
Call Requirements: Students on the Birthing Experience service will take two 14-hour night shifts during the 2 weeks on L&D.
Special advice from the Clerkship Director:
- Holidays are not guaranteed off.
- Only students on the L&D Birthing Experience service will be expected to work weekend shifts.
- Students will have at least 24 hours off per week. Time Off Requests (for any reason unless an emergency) must be submitted at least 2 weeks before starting the Clerkship.
- Lange Current Diagnosis & Treatment Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Blueprints Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Obstetrics, Gynecology and Infertility: Handbook for Clinicians (provided by Department)