Surgery 651: Reno
Reno - 12 weeks
Clerkship Director: James Harris, M.D.
Clerkship Department Assistant: Jennifer Grove
Number of Weeks:
- Inpatient Setting 12 (combined)
- Outpatient Setting 12 (combined)
- 3 weeks: Acute Care/General Surgery
- 2 weeks: Trauma/Critical Care
- 2 weeks: VA (Reno)
- 1 week: Endoscopy
- 2 weeks: selective (oncology, pediatric surgery, cardiothoracic surgery, urology, orthopedics, neurosurgery, bariatric surgery, endocrine surgery, vascular, ENT, and plastic surgery)
Call Requirements: 4-6 on trauma, 4-6 on general surgery, 1-2 at VA.
Special advice from the Clerkship Director: Be prepared, read ahead, work hard, stay positive, participate, communicate, learn a lot, have a great time.
Required Text: Suggested: Current Diagnosis & Treatment Surgery, by Doherty. All reading materials are available in electronic form at Savitt Library.