EMEREMER661C.11 (Las Vegas)
Pediatric Emergency Medicine
Office of Medical Education
- Course Name: Pediatric Emergency Medicine
- Short Name: EMER661BM.11 Pediatric Emergency Med
- Course Number: EMEREMER661C.11
- Location: Las Vegas
Department Contact: Melissa Cicconi
- Phone: (702) 383-7885 x4
- Email: email@example.com
- Type: Clinical
- Length: 4 Weeks
- Preceptor: David Nelson, M.D. and Associates
Please contact the department to verify elective availability.
- To gain an understanding of the common acute clinical disorders presenting to the emergency room.
Description of Rotation
Introduce medical students to clinical evaluation and management of acutely ill and injured children, in an emergency room setting. This experience will provide understanding and knowledge of common and uncommon emergent problems in children through patient contact and discussion of specified topics.
Fleisher, G.R. and Ludwig, S. Textbook of Pediatric Emergency Medicine. Williams and Wilkins.
Standard pediatric clerkship evaluation form.
- Honors: An exceptional performance which exceeds all course objectives
- High Pass: A performance which exceeds most course objectives
- Pass: A performance which meets the course objectives
- Fail: A performance which does not meet the course objectives