FCM661HM.11 (Las Vegas)
Primary Care Sports Medicine
Office of Medical Education
- Course Name: Primary Care Sports Medicine
- Short Name: FCM661HM.11 Elec Sports Medicine
- Course Number: FCM661HM.11
- Location: Las Vegas
- Department: Family Medicine Center: Las Vegas
Department Contact: Laura Shaw M.D.
- Email: email@example.com
- Type: Clinical
- Length: 2 Weeks
- Preceptor: William Rosenberg, M.D.
Please contact the Family Medicine Center: Las Vegas to verify elective availability.
- At the end of this rotation, the fourth year student should be able to demonstrate knowledge of common sports injuries, their treatment and prevention.
- This elective is recommended for students interested in family medicine and/or sports medicine.
Description of Rotation
A wide variety of experience will be provided in sports medicine on the college and high school level. Sites will be the UNR Med Family Medicine Center - Las Vegas, UNLV Athletic Department, Private Practice Sports Medicine Clinics, Physical Therapy Facilities and Orthopedic offices.
As per faculty
The standard clerkship evaluation forms will be utilized by the instructor and student.
- Honors: An exceptional performance which exceeds all course objectives
- High Pass: A performance which exceeds most course objectives
- Pass: A performance which meets the course objectives
- Fail: A performance which does not meet the course objectives
Limited availability. Please confirm with the department.