IMED661DM.11 (Las Vegas)
Office of Medical Education
- Course Name: Dermatology
- Short Name: IMED661DM.11 Dermatology
- Course Number: IMED661DM.11
- Location: Las Vegas
- Department: Department of Internal Medicine: Las Vegas
Department Contact: Anthony Terrell
- Phone: (702) 671-2345
- Email: email@example.com
- Type: Clinical
- Length: 2 - 4 weeks – (Prefers starting rotation at beginning of the Month)
- Saul Schreiber, M.D.
- Curt Samlaska, M.D.
Please contact the Department of Internal Medicine: Las Vegas to verify elective availability.
- Management of patients with dermatological problems.
- Knowledge of dermatology diseases, as well as their process, treatment and natural progression.
- To understand the principles of dermatological testing, indications, and implications of results.
- Interpretation dermatological tests, including microscopic scrapings, bacterial cultures and surgical biopsies.
- Knowledge of dermatology drugs, their uses and interactions.
- Brief history and physical examination.
Description of Rotation
The patients are normally seen in a private office of the dermatologist. An occasional inpatient consult. The student will learn from brief history and physical which tests (i.e. lab work, microscopic scrapings from infections, bacterial cultures +/or surgical biopsies) need to be ordered and how to interpret them.
History/Physical examination skills, presentations, participation and attendance.
- Honors: An exceptional performance which exceeds all course objectives
- High Pass: A performance which exceeds most course objectives
- Pass: A performance which meets the course objectives
- Fail: A performance which does not meet the course objectives