Office of Medical Education
- Course Name: Endocrinology
- Short Name: IMED661EM.01 Endocrinology
- Course Number: IMED661EM.01
- Location: Reno
- Department: Department of Internal Medicine
Department Contact: Dawn Younie
- Phone: (775) 327-5174
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Type: Clinical
- Length: 2 - 4 weeks
- Evan M. Klass, M.D.
- David Howard, M.D., Ph.D.
- Veronica Brady, PhD. APRN, CDE
Please contact the Department of Internal Medicine to verify elective availability.
- Students should demonstrate improvement in performing a detailed history and physical examination of patients with endocrine disorders and diabetes.
- Students should demonstrate understanding of the laboratory evaluation and appropriate use of imaging techniques in management of endocrinology disorders.
- Students should develop an understanding of the application of treatment algorithms and their limitations in managing endocrine and diabetes patients.
Description of Rotation
A syllabus and reading list are provided at the beginning of the rotation. The student will participate in Diabetes and General Endocrinology clinics at the Endocrinology, Wellness and Weight management Clinic, CMM suite 230. Students will participate in inpatient consultations at Renown Regional Medical Center.
- Appropriate references will be provided by faculty. Students may be required to search the literature.
- Harrison's Textbook of Internal Medicine, current volume.
Subjective clinical evaluations by faculty. Students will receive feedback throughout the rotation.
- Honors: An exceptional performance which exceeds all course objectives
- High Pass: A performance which exceeds most course objectives
- Pass: A performance which meets the course objectives
- Fail: A performance which does not meet the course objectives