Office of Medical Education
- Course Name: Gastroenterology
- Short Name: IMED661FM.01 Gastroenterology
- Course Number: IMED661FM.01
- Location: Reno
- Department: Department of Internal Medicine
Department Contact: Dawn Younie
- Phone: (775) 327-5174
- Email: email@example.com
- Type: Clinical
- Length: 2-4 weeks
- Preceptor: Christi Matteoni, M.D. and/or others at Gastroenterology Consultants
Please contact the Department of Internal Medicine to verify elective availability.
- Make the student conversant with the bedside evaluation of patients with gastrointestinal and liver diseases.
- Improve the student’s knowledge of pathophysiology, clinical manifestations and prognosis of common gastroenterologic disorders.
- The student should become acquainted with modern techniques used in this sub-specialty of medicine.
Description of Rotation
A four-week course of ambulatory and inpatient gastroenterology in which students participate in the primary care of and consultation on patients with disorders of the digestive system. The students will be able to observe a variety of endoscopic procedures both inpatient and outpatient.
GI section of internal medicine textbook.
Evaluation is subjective and based on direct supervision and observation during the rotation.
- Honors: An exceptional performance which exceeds all course objectives
- High Pass: A performance which exceeds most course objectives
- Pass: A performance which meets the course objectives
- Fail: A performance which does not meet the course objectives