Office of Medical Education
- Course Name: Nephrology
- Short Name: IMED661NM.01 Nephrology
- Course Number: IMED661NM.01
- Location: Reno
- Department: Department of Internal Medicine
Department Contact: Dawn Younie
- Phone: (775) 327-5174
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Type: Clinical
- Length: 2 – 4 weeks
- Steven Vicks, M.D.
- William O’Neill, M.D.
- Peter Clark, M.D.
- Michael Murphy, M.D.
- James Sullivan, D.O.
- Javier Narvarte, M.D.
- Sunil Skaria, M.D.
- Robert Quigley, D.O.
Please contact the Department of Internal Medicine to verify elective availability.
- Give students an understanding of the diagnosis and treatment of fluid and electrolyte disorders, acid/base disorders, acute renal failure, chronic renal failure, glomerulonephritis and hypertension.
Description of Rotation
Teaching methods will include didactic sessions and case based discussions. The student will be expected to participate in dialysis procedures. There are three clinics per week.
Materials for study will be provided.
Each student will receive a written evaluation from the preceptor based on case presentations and didactic participation.
- Honors: An exceptional performance which exceeds all course objectives
- High Pass: A performance which exceeds most course objectives
- Pass: A performance which meets the course objectives
- Fail: A performance which does not meet the course objectives