Office of Medical Education
- Course Name: Rheumatology
- Short Name: IMED661VM.01 Rheumatology
- Course Number: IMED661VM.01
- Location: Reno
- Department: Department of Internal Medicine
Department Contact: Dawn Younie
- Phone: (775) 327-5174
- Email: email@example.com
- Type: Clinical
- Length: 2 weeks
- Preceptor: Susan Knowles, M.D.
Please contact the Department of Internal Medicine to verify elective availability.
- To develop familiarity with rheumatic disease history and physical.
- Obtain an understanding of the laboratory evaluation of rheumatic disease.
- Become familiar with immune mechanisms underlying inflammatory rheumatic disease.
Description of Rotation
This elective is designed to familiarize students with clinical rheumatology. The elective involves participation in Carson Tahoe outpatient clinics, and possible consultation on inpatients.
Articles and texts provided by preceptors; Mosby's Guide to Physical Examination; Harrison's Textbook of Medicine.
- Honors: An exceptional performance which exceeds all course objectives
- High Pass: A performance which exceeds most course objectives
- Pass: A performance which meets the course objectives
- Fail: A performance which does not meet the course objectives