IMED661VM.11 (Las Vegas)
Office of Medical Education
- Course Name: Rheumatology
- Short Name: IMED661VM.11 Rheumatology
- Course Number: IMED661VM.11
- Location: Las Vegas
- Department: Department of Internal Medicine: Las Vegas
Department Contact: Anthony Terrell
- Phone: (702) 671-2345
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Type: Clinical
- Length: 2 – 4 weeks
- Ewa Olech, M.D., Associate Professor, Section Chief
- Ebrahim Sadeghi, M.D.
Please contact the Department of Internal Medicine: Las Vegas to verify elective availability.
- To demonstrate an understanding of the diagnosis and treatment of rheumatic diseases in an outpatient and inpatient setting, including interpretation of laboratory tests and musculoskeletal imaging.
Description of Rotation
Observation and active participation in history and physical examination techniques, with emphasis on areas unique to this specialty. The attending physician will supervise, mentor and evaluate the student in these areas. Didactic sessions will occur with the attendings in the clinic and hospital setting. Students will be expected to read on a daily basis and prepare brief presentations with written summary on areas of interest to them once per week.
- Primer on the Rheumatic Diseases (Current edition)
- Kelley Textbook of Rheumatology
History/Physical examination skills, presentations, participation and attendance.
- Honors: An exceptional performance which exceeds all course objectives
- High Pass: A performance which exceeds most course objectives
- Pass: A performance which meets the course objectives
- Fail: A performance which does not meet the course objectives