IMED661ZM.11 (Las Vegas)
Allergy and Clinical Immunology
Office of Medical Education
- Course Name: Allergy and Clinical Immunology
- Short Name: IMED661ZM.11 Allergy & Immunology
- Course Number: IMED661ZM.11
- Location: Las Vegas
- Department: Department of Internal Medicine: Las Vegas
Department Contact: Anthony Terrell
- Phone: (702) 671-2345
- Email: email@example.com
- Type: Clinical
- Length: 2 - 4 weeks
- Preceptor: Jim Christensen, M.D.
Please contact the Department of Internal Medicine: Las Vegas to verify elective availability.
- Management of patients with allergic disorders.
- Knowledge of asthma, and its process, treatment and natural progression.
- To understand the principles of skin testing, indications, and implications of results.
- Knowledge of drugs used in allergic diseases.
Description of Rotation
Community office base with some hospital rounds. Teaching via seeing actual patients and brief discussions of their problems.
- Immunological Diseases, Max Samter, M.D.
- Allergy Principles and Practice, Elliott Middleton, Jr., M.D.
- Medical Immunology, Daniel P. Stites, M.D.
Clinical performance on actual patients in an office setting. Present physical findings. Conclusion and treatment plan.
- Honors: An exceptional performance which exceeds all course objectives
- High Pass: A performance which exceeds most course objectives
- Pass: A performance which meets the course objectives
- Fail: A performance which does not meet the course objectives