Office of Medical Education
- Course Name: Radiation Oncology
- Short Name: IMED662EM.01 Radiation Oncology
- Course Number: IMED662EM.01
- Location: Reno
- Department: Department of Internal Medicine
Department Contact: Dawn Younie
- Phone: (775) 327-5174
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Type: Clinical
- Length: 2 weeks
- Preceptor: Michael Hardacre, M.D. and other Renown Radiation Oncology specialists
Please contact the Department of Internal Medicine to verify elective availability.
- To gain an understanding of oncology in general and of the role of radiation oncology in the management of cancer patients.
- To learn the multidisciplinary approach of cancer treatment.
Description of Rotation
Two week rotation spent at the Department of Radiation Therapy, Renown Regional Medical Center. Students will be exposed to radiobiology, nuclear physics, dosimetry simulation, patient consultations and follow-up exams; as well as monitoring cancer patients during course of treatment.
Ongoing evaluation of student by the instructor.
- Honors: An exceptional performance which exceeds all course objectives
- High Pass: A performance which exceeds most course objectives
- Pass: A performance which meets the course objectives
- Fail: A performance which does not meet the course objectives