IMED662FM.11 (Las Vegas)
Office of Medical Education
- Course Name: HIV Disease
- Short Name: IMED662FM.11 HIV Disease
- Course Number: IMED662FM.11
- Location: Las Vegas
- Department: Department of Internal Medicine: Las Vegas
Department Contact: Anthony Terrell
- Phone: (702) 671-2345
- Email: email@example.com
- Type: Clinical
- Length: 2 - 4 weeks
- Jerry Cade, M.D.
- Ali Farabi, M.D.
Please contact the Department of Internal Medicine: Las Vegas to verify elective availability.
- Evaluation and treatment of HIV disease and its complications. This will include timing and choice of antiretroviral therapies, opportunistic infection prophylaxis and treatment, as well as the psychosocial aspects of the disease.
Description of Rotation
Needs to be added.
Materials assigned during rotation due to the rapid changes in this field.
Ongoing evaluation of the student by the preceptor. Students to be evaluated on knowledge of basic history taking and physical examinations, interaction skills with patients and other healthcare workers, as well as reaching the objective goals of this rotation. Written evaluation at end of the rotation.
- Honors: An exceptional performance which exceeds all course objectives
- High Pass: A performance which exceeds most course objectives
- Pass: A performance which meets the course objectives
- Fail: A performance which does not meet the course objectives