Independent Study/Research in Internal Medicine
Office of Medical Education
- Course Name: Independent Study/Research in Internal Medicine
- Short Name: IMED690M.01 Indp Study Int Med
- Course Number: IMED690M.01
- Location: Reno
- Department: Department of Internal Medicine
Department Contact: Dawn Younie
- Phone: (775) 327-5174
- Email: email@example.com
- Type: Non-Clinical
- Length: 2-4 Weeks
- Kirk Bronander, M.D.
- Other department faculty as needed
Please contact the Department of Internal Medicine to verify elective availability.
- Give the student knowledge of the design of research or educational projects.
- Teach him/her the laboratory or clinical skills necessary for implementation of the study.
- Teach him/her the principles of data analysis.
- Ideally, culminate in a research publication.
Description of Rotation
A course of four weeks in which the student will engage in a clinical or laboratory research project in an area of internal medicine. The student may participate in research in progress by any of several internal medicine faculty members or may, with approval of instructor, initiate a study of his/her own design. The elective is subject to many factors including student motivation and a willing faculty member that has a reasonable project for the student to complete.
Ongoing evaluation of student performance by instructor.
- Honors: An exceptional performance which exceeds all course objectives
- High Pass: A performance which exceeds most course objectives
- Pass: A performance which meets the course objectives
- Fail: A performance which does not meet the course objectives
Student must spend at least 40 hours per week on the project per UNR Med guidelines.