MED661CM.11 (Las Vegas)
Office of Medical Education
- Course Name: Radiology
- Short Name: MED661CM.11 Radiology
- Course Number: MED661CM.11
- Location: Las Vegas
- Department: Office of Medical Education: Las Vegas
Department Contact: Terri Mosher
- Phone: (702) 671-2302
- Email: email@example.com
- Type: Clinical
- Length: 2 - 4 Weeks
Please contact the Office of Medical Education: Las Vegas to verify elective availability.
- To develop fundamental principles used in interpretation of chest and other common radiologic examination.
- To become familiar with the radiological manifestations of a broad variety of common disorders.
- To gain familiarity with current radiological techniques and most importantly to learn how and when to best use these procedures.
Description of Rotation
The student becomes familiar with the various modalities used in the diagnostic evaluation of patients and is introduced to the interactive role diagnostic radiologists play in patient care. The student attends regular film interpretation sessions to review cases with the radiology staff. The student observes routine fluoroscopic procedures, as well as special or interventive procedures such as angiography, myelography, needle biopsies, etc. The student planning a career in obstetrics and gynecology may spend additional time in ultrasound, assisting with amniocenteses, etc. The student is not on call weekends or nights but may request to be notified for after-hours emergency procedures.
Ongoing evaluation of student performance by the instructor; oral final examination.
- Honors: An exceptional performance which exceeds all course objectives
- High Pass: A performance which exceeds most course objectives
- Pass: A performance which meets the course objectives
- Fail: A performance which does not meet the course objectives