Spirituality in Medicine
Office of Medical Education
- Course Name: Spirituality in Medicine
- Short Name: MED661DM.01 Spirituality in Medicine
- Course Number: MED661DM.01
- Location: Reno
- Department: Office of Medical Education: Reno
Department Contact: Melanie Minarik Ph.D., MPH
- Phone: (775) 682-7100
- Email: email@example.com
- Type: Non-Clinical
- Length: Longitudinal
Please contact the Office of Medical Education: Reno to verify elective availability.
- The student must demonstrate completion of the elective by submitting two spiritual histories obtained from patients seen during this or some other elective during the 4th year. This must include the questions asked, the patient’s responses to the questions and their reaction to being asked those questions as part of a medical history; (AND)
- By describing two or three clinical vignettes, based upon personal experience, involving a patient and his or her spiritual issues (AND)
- With the preceptor’s guidance, the student will design a project related to topics in spirituality and medicine and submit a 4 – 6 page report of how the project objectives were met, the results, discussion, and implications for their own practice of medicine.
Description of Rotation
Student will meet with preceptor to discuss the elective objectives and design a project.
As specified and provided in elective syllabus.
Based on stated objectives. This elective utilizes the Student Performance form for Non-Clinical Electives.
Special criteria are set for section 1C as stated in the syllabus.
- Honors: An exceptional performance which exceeds all course objectives
- High Pass: A performance which exceeds most course objectives
- Pass: A performance which meets the course objectives
- Fail: A performance which does not meet the course objectives
This is a longitudinal independent guided study rotation that may be taken concurrently with other rotations; 1 credit per semester; 1 credit maximum.
All written work or oral presentations must be completed by the end of the semester in which the elective was taken.