OBGY661GM.11 (Las Vegas)
General Obstetrics & Gynecology
Office of Medical Education
- Course Name: General Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Short Name: OBGY661GM.11 Gen OBGYN
- Course Number: OBGY661GM.11
- Location: Las Vegas
- Department: Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology: Las Vegas
Department Contact: Jessie Herrero
- Phone: (702) 671-2317
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Type: Clinical
- Length: 2 - 4 Weeks
- Preceptor: Jeffrey Wrightson, M.D.
Please contact the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology: Las Vegas to verify elective availability.
- At the completion of this rotation, the student should be able to list the elements of the OB/GYN annual examination with specific reference to preventative health care;
- Describe, with specific reference to the patient's age, the management of abnormal Pap smears, common vaginal infections, chronic pelvic pain, stress urinary incontinence, contraceptive counseling;
- List the indications for noninvasive antepartum testing;
- Describe the indications for, and the technique of, external version;
- Outline the steps in the performance of a primary cesarean section, including strategies to avoid postoperative hemorrhage and infection;
- State the indications, contraindications, and complications of a laparoscopically assisted vaginal hysterectomy.
Description of Rotation
This rotation is designed for the 4th year student interested in expanding knowledge and experience in obstetrics and gynecology by observing and actively participating in a general obstetrics and gynecology practice in an ambulatory setting, and in the labor and delivery suite and operating room.
Journal articles pertinent to the maintenance of current standard of care.
Written evaluation based on observation
- Honors: An exceptional performance which exceeds all course objectives
- High Pass: A performance which exceeds most course objectives
- Pass: A performance which meets the course objectives
- Fail: A performance which does not meet the course objectives
Limited to UNR Med students only.