Maternal Fetal Medicine Obstetrics & Cancer Genetics
Office of Medical Education
- Course Name: Maternal Fetal Medicine Obstetrics & Cancer Genetics
- Short Name: OBGY661QM.01 MFM OB/Genetics
- Course Number: OBGY661QM.01
- Location: Reno
Department Contact: Julie Moran B.S., LPN
- Phone: (775) 682-7936
- Email: email@example.com
- Type: Clinical
- Length: 2 - 4 Weeks
- Preceptor: Nathan Slotnick, M.D., Ph.D
Please contact the department to verify elective availability.
- List methods of prenatal diagnosis
- Understand sonography and image acquisition in prenatal evaluation
- Understand prenatal risk assessment
- List medical indications for pregnancy termination
- Understand predispositional cancer risk assessment, counseling and testing
Description of Rotation
This rotation is designed for the fourth year student who plans to make OB/GYN his/her specialty. The elective will involve cancer genetics in addition to antepartum, intrapartum and postpartum diagnosis and management of high risks patients.
"Maternal-Fetal Medicine, Principles and Practice", Creasy, Resnik, Saunde
Contact Dr. Slotnick for further recommended reading
Written evaluation based on faculty observation.
- Honors: An exceptional performance which exceeds all course objectives
- High Pass: A performance which exceeds most course objectives
- Pass: A performance which meets the course objectives
- Fail: A performance which does not meet the course objectives
Limited to UNR Med students only.