OBGY661QM.11 (Las Vegas)
Office of Medical Education
- Course Name: Maternal-Fetal Medicine
- Short Name: OBGY661QM.11 Maternal Fetal Med
- Course Number: OBGY661QM.11
- Location: Las Vegas
- Department: Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology: Las Vegas
Department Contact: Jessie Herrero
- Phone: (702) 671-2317
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Type: Clinical
- Length: 4 Weeks
- Joseph A. Adashek, M.D.
- Alan Bolnick, M.D.
- Donald L. Roberts, M.D.
- Paul T. Wilkes, M.D.
- Van R. Bohman, M.D.
Please contact the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology: Las Vegas to verify elective availability.
- This elective includes antepartum and intrapartum diagnosis of maternal and fetal conditions in high risk pregnancy, electronic monitoring of mother and fetus in labor and intensive care of the parturient and neonate.
- Experience will be gained in the high risk clinic, labor and delivery and the newborn nurseries at University Medical Center. Prenatal diagnosis, Ultrasonography, Amniocentesis and Fetal Monitoring techniques are emphasized.
- The students work directly with the house staff and in Maternal-Fetal Medicine.
Description of Rotation
This senior elective is designed to provide students interested in a career in Ob/Gyn a sub-intern experience in a high-risk obstetrical setting. They will receive experience in ultrasound, Genetics and the management of complex obstetrical patients. This is all accomplished in a facility with an atmosphere dedicated to teaching and high quality patient care.
"Maternal-Fetal Medicine. Principles and Practice," Creasy, Resnik, 2013, 7th ed.
- Honors: An exceptional performance which exceeds all course objectives
- High Pass: A performance which exceeds most course objectives
- Pass: A performance which meets the course objectives
- Fail: A performance which does not meet the course objectives
Limited to UNR Med students only.