Readings in Anatomy
Office of Medical Education
- Course Name: Readings in Anatomy
- Short Name: PCB618M.01 Readings in Anatomy
- Course Number: PCB618M.01
- Location: Reno
Department Contact: Gregory Highison Ph.D.
- Phone: (775) 784-4006
- Email: email@example.com
- Type: Non-Clinical
- Length: 2 Weeks
- Preceptor: Gregory J. Highison, Ph.D.
Please contact the department to verify elective availability.
- To provide students an opportunity to study a topic in Anatomy in depth in preparation for their chosen residency program and/or to further by the student a specific interest in Anatomy.
Description of Rotation
The student is expected to use current texts, journals and/or web-based material to produce a typed, referenced paper. The paper is to be a minimum of ten pages and must be submitted within one month of completion of the rotation.
Since Anatomy is found in every aspect of Medicine, any topic chosen by the student is appropriate.
Quality, originality and completion of the paper as determined by faculty of the Department. Feedback and discussion is provided by the faculty on an individual basis.
- Honors: An exceptional performance which exceeds all course objectives
- High Pass: A performance which exceeds most course objectives
- Pass: A performance which meets the course objectives
- Fail: A performance which does not meet the course objectives