Office of Medical Education
- Course Name: Medical Hypnosis
- Short Name: PCHY661CM.01 Medical Hypnosis
- Course Number: PCHY661CM.01
- Location: Reno
- Department: Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences
Department Contact: Gracee Tout
- Phone: (775) 682-8451
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Type: Clinical
- Length: 4 Weeks
- Preceptor: William G. Danton, Ph.D.
Please contact the Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences to verify elective availability.
- An opportunity to develop background information and beginning skills in clinical hypnosis.
Description of Rotation
Emphasis is on hypnosis as a therapeutic tool in psychiatry, general medicine and anesthesiology. Elective will be tailored to suit the student's interests.
To be provided by instructor during rotation.
Ongoing evaluation of student performance by instructor.
- Honors: An exceptional performance which exceeds all course objectives
- High Pass: A performance which exceeds most course objectives
- Pass: A performance which meets the course objectives
- Fail: A performance which does not meet the course objectives