Office of Medical Education
- Course Name: Geropsychology
- Short Name: PCHY661SM.01 Geropsychology
- Course Number: PCHY661SM.01
- Location: Reno
- Department: Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences
Department Contact: Gracee Tout
- Phone: (775) 682-8451
- Email: email@example.com
- Type: Clinical
- Length: 2 - 4 Weeks
- Sheila Young, Ph.D.
- Valerie Williams, Ph.D.
Please contact the Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences to verify elective availability.
- To provide the student with exposure to psychological consultation to geriatrics.
Description of Rotation
The emphasis of the rotation will be on assessment of cognitive and emotional concomitants of physical disease. The course will demonstrate clinical interviewing, psychological testing and interventions with geriatric patients. Opportunities for participation will be made available.
Ongoing evaluation of the student performance by the course instructor; quality of independent study; final exam.
- Honors: An exceptional performance which exceeds all course objectives
- High Pass: A performance which exceeds most course objectives
- Pass: A performance which meets the course objectives
- Fail: A performance which does not meet the course objectives