PCHY690M.11 (Las Vegas)
Psychiatry with Department Faculty
Office of Medical Education
- Course Name: Psychiatry with Department Faculty
- Short Name: PCHY690M.11 Psychiatry Dept Fac
- Course Number: PCHY690M.11
- Location: Las Vegas
- Department: Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences: Las Vegas
Department Contact: Martha Norheim
- Phone: (702) 671-5127
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Type: Clinical
- Length: 2 - 6 Weeks
- Dual Degree: MPH
- Jonathan Wirjo, M.D.
- Mel Pohl, M.D.
- Jacob Manjooran, M.D.
- Eden Lee Santiago, M.D.
- Joel Silberberg, M.D.
- Alison Netski, M.D.
- Lisa Durette, M.D.
Please contact the Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences: Las Vegas to verify elective availability.
- To provide students with opportunities to observe and participate in psychiatric care of patients in a variety of settings.
Description of Rotation
This is a clinical elective in psychiatry with department faculty. Clinical experiences may include: rural mental health outpatient clinics, Forensic Psychiatry, inpatient psychiatry, consultation psychiatry, and general outpatient practice. The elective will be tailored to individual student's interests and learning goals with flexible scheduling.
Assessment by supervising faculty.
- Honors: An exceptional performance which exceeds all course objectives
- High Pass: A performance which exceeds most course objectives
- Pass: A performance which meets the course objectives
- Fail: A performance which does not meet the course objectives