PEDI661BM.11 (Las Vegas)
Behavioral & Developmental Pediatrics
Office of Medical Education
- Course Name: Behavioral & Developmental Pediatrics
- Short Name: PEDI661BM.11 Behavioral Pedi
- Course Number: PEDI661BM.11
- Location: Las Vegas
- Department: Department of Pediatrics: Las Vegas
Department Contact: Virginia Slywka
- Phone: (702) 671-2231
- Email: email@example.com
- Type: Clinical
- Length: 4 Weeks
- Preceptor: Mario Gaspar de Alba, M.D.
Please contact the Department of Pediatrics: Las Vegas to verify elective availability.
- To gain an understanding of the techniques utilized in evaluation of behavioral/developmental disorders.
Description of Rotation
The focus of the elective is to introduce the student to advanced interviewing techniques in the assessment of children and their families with a variety of behavioral and developmental disorders, as well as the use of "team" approach to the evaluations of complex diagnostic and behavioral disorders in children and adolescents. The physical and neurological examination, including age appropriate neurodevelopmental screening will be demonstrated as well as the management of chronic emotional, behavioral, and physical problems.
Dixon, S. and Stein, M., Encounters with Children. Yearbook Medical.
Standard pediatric clerkship evaluation form.
- Honors: An exceptional performance which exceeds all course objectives
- High Pass: A performance which exceeds most course objectives
- Pass: A performance which meets the course objectives
- Fail: A performance which does not meet the course objectives