Pediatric Neonatal –Perinatal Medicine
Office of Medical Education
- Course Name: Pediatric Neonatal –Perinatal Medicine
- Short Name: PEDI661CM.01 Pedi Neonatal
- Course Number: PEDI661CM.01
- Location: Reno
- Department: Department of Pediatrics
Department Contact: Ginger Fenwick
- Phone: (775) 784-6170
- Email: email@example.com
- Type: Clinical
- Length: 1 week
- April Henry MD
- Cheryl Robinson MD
- Cynthia Strand-Smart MD
- Ali Monibi MD
- Jeremiah Nielson DO
Please contact the Department of Pediatrics to verify elective availability.
Description of Rotation
The overall goal of this elective is to learn to recognize the fetus and newborn at risk for life threatening or disabling conditions and to begin to acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to care for the neonatal patient under such circumstances. Students will be involved in decision making regarding delivery room resuscitation, acute care emergencies, and ongoing care of the neonate with medical and surgical conditions. Due to the fragile nature of sick neonates, students will not be able to perform procedures.
Taeusch, H.W., Ballard, R.A., Avery, M.E. Schaffer and Avery's Diseases of the Newborn. W.B.Saunders Co.
Standard pediatric elective evaluation form.
- Honors: An exceptional performance which exceeds all course objectives
- High Pass: A performance which exceeds most course objectives
- Pass: A performance which meets the course objectives
- Fail: A performance which does not meet the course objectives