PEDI661EM.11 (Las Vegas)
Office of Medical Education
- Course Name: Pediatric Ophthalmology
- Short Name: PEDI661EM.11 Pedi Ophthalmology
- Course Number: PEDI661EM.11
- Location: Las Vegas
- Department: Department of Pediatrics: Las Vegas
Department Contact: Virginia Slywka
- Phone: (702) 671-2231
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Type: Clinical
- Length: 2 Weeks
- Preceptor: Marietta Nelson, M.D.
Please contact the Department of Pediatrics: Las Vegas to verify elective availability.
- To gain an understanding of ocular anatomy, the use of standard ophthalmology equipment and the basics of eye care.
Description of Rotation
The student will attend a number of general and subspecialty ophthalmology clinics/offices and be provided educational materials in order to become familiar with the management of the common disorders of the eye, including surgical care.
Harper, R.A. Basic Ophthalmology (any edition). American Academy of Ophthalmology.
Standard pediatric clerkship evaluation form utilizing the following criteria:
- Honors - reading and demonstrating, via verbal communication, beyond the basic material provided;
- Pass - demonstrating that the student has mastered the American Academy of Ophthalmology student reference readings;
- Fail - not mastering the basic examination of the eye nor the reading materials.
- Honors: An exceptional performance which exceeds all course objectives
- High Pass: A performance which exceeds most course objectives
- Pass: A performance which meets the course objectives
- Fail: A performance which does not meet the course objectives