Clinical Allergy and Immunology
Office of Medical Education
- Course Name: Clinical Allergy and Immunology
- Short Name: PEDI661FM.01 Pedi Allergy & Immunology
- Course Number: PEDI661FM.01
- Location: Reno
- Department: Department of Pediatrics
Department Contact: Ginger Fenwick
- Phone: (775) 784-6170
- Email: email@example.com
- Type: Clinical
- Length: 1 - 2 Weeks
- Dual Degree: MPH
- Boris Lokshin, M.D.
- Leonard Shapiro, M.D.
Please contact the Department of Pediatrics to verify elective availability.
- To give student experience in evaluation and treatment of allergic, asthmatic, immunologic disease in an outpatient setting.
Description of Rotation
Students will see allergy patients in a private office. Due to high flow volume this is mostly a shadowing experience. The practice sees adults and children; it also has a satellite office in Carson. Reading materials and discussion of cases with the doctor will be the format of learning.
- AMA Allergy Primer
- Allergy Principles and Practice - Middleton
Standard pediatric clerkship evaluation form.
- Honors: An exceptional performance which exceeds all course objectives
- High Pass: A performance which exceeds most course objectives
- Pass: A performance which meets the course objectives
- Fail: A performance which does not meet the course objectives