PEDI661FM.11 (Las Vegas)
Clinical Allergy and Immunology
Office of Medical Education
- Course Name: Clinical Allergy and Immunology
- Short Name: PEDI661FM.11 Pedi Allergy & Immunology
- Course Number: PEDI661FM.11
- Location: Las Vegas
- Department: Department of Pediatrics: Las Vegas
- Type: Clinical
- Length: 4 Weeks
- Dual Degree: MPH
- Sean McKnight, M.D.
- Mary Beth Hogan, M.D.
- Nevin Wilson, M.D.
Please contact the Department of Pediatrics: Las Vegas to verify elective availability.
- To gain an understanding of basic immunology as it applies to children with the common allergic/immunologic disorders.
Description of Rotation
Students participate in the evaluation and management of children and adults with a variety of allergic and immunological disorders. In addition to participating in the care of ambulatory patients, students may make ward and consultation rounds for hospitalized patients with allergic and immunological disorders.
- Leung, D.Y., Sampson, H.A., Heha, R.S., Szefler, S.J; Pediatric Allergy - Principles and Practice, 2003, Mosby
- ACP Primer on Asthma and Allergies
- MKSAP - Allergy & Immunology
Standard pediatric clerkship evaluation form.
- Honors: An exceptional performance which exceeds all course objectives
- High Pass: A performance which exceeds most course objectives
- Pass: A performance which meets the course objectives
- Fail: A performance which does not meet the course objectives