PEDI661HM.11 (Las Vegas)
Office of Medical Education
- Course Name: Pediatric Neurology
- Short Name: PEDI661HM.11 Pedi Neurology
- Course Number: PEDI661HM.11
- Location: Las Vegas
- Department: Department of Pediatrics: Las Vegas
Department Contact: Virginia Slywka
- Phone: (702) 671-2231
- Email: email@example.com
- Type: Clinical
- Length: 4 Weeks
- Sri Halthore, M.D., and Associates
- Rooman Ahad, M.D.
Please contact the Department of Pediatrics: Las Vegas to verify elective availability.
- To gain an understanding of the common disorders observed and evaluated in a pediatric neurology practice including the use of diagnostic methods and therapeutic intervention.
Description of Rotation
The fourth year student will participate in the evaluation and treatment of children with a variety of neurologic disorders, ranging from global development disabilities to specific neurologic defects. Regular participation in clinics and inpatient consultation will occur as well as assigned reading and discussion in pediatric neurology topics in order to gain an understanding of the common pediatric neurologic problems and issues.
Finichel, G., Clinical Pediatric Neurology: Signs and Symptoms. 2005. Saunders.
Based on subjective assessment of attendings over the course of the rotation.
- Honors: An exceptional performance which exceeds all course objectives
- High Pass: A performance which exceeds most course objectives
- Pass: A performance which meets the course objectives
- Fail: A performance which does not meet the course objectives