Office of Medical Education
- Course Name: Pediatric Endocrinology
- Short Name: PEDI661JM.01 Endocrinology
- Course Number: PEDI661JM.01
- Location: Reno
- Department: Department of Pediatrics
Department Contact: Ginger Fenwick
- Phone: (775) 784-6170
- Email: email@example.com
- Type: Clinical
- Length: 1 - 2 Weeks
- Kathy Eckert, M.D.
- Kathleen O’Connor, M.D.
Please contact the Department of Pediatrics to verify elective availability.
- To familiarize the student with normal and abnormal growth, pubertal disorders, adrenal disorders, hypothyroidism and hyperthyroidism, and general endocrine physiology.
Description of Rotation
The rotation consists of endocrine and diabetes clinics in the outpatient clinic and at Special Children's Clinic. Additionally, some inpatient care will also occur. Students are expected to see patients individually and perform write-ups of the new patients. Ongoing teaching in the clinic will occur as patients are evaluated.
- Kaplan - Pediatric Endocrine and Endocrine Physiology (provided).
- A binder with key articles is also provided.
Standard pediatric clerkship evaluation form.
- Honors: An exceptional performance which exceeds all course objectives
- High Pass: A performance which exceeds most course objectives
- Pass: A performance which meets the course objectives
- Fail: A performance which does not meet the course objectives