PEDI661JM.11 (Las Vegas)
Office of Medical Education
- Course Name: Pediatric Endocrinology
- Short Name: PEDI661JM.11 Endocrinology
- Course Number: PEDI661JM.11
- Location: Las Vegas
- Department: Department of Pediatrics: Las Vegas
Department Contact: Virginia Slywka
- Phone: (702) 671-2231
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Type: Clinical
- Length: 4 Weeks
- Rola Saad, M.D.
- Alexandra Aguilar, M.D.
Please contact the Department of Pediatrics: Las Vegas to verify elective availability.
- The student will become familiar with the tools and resources of the endocrinologist and gain an understanding of the pathophysiologic basis of endocrine disorders including diabetes, as well as to observe and commence the evaluation and management of children affected with these disorders.
Description of Rotation
Students will participate in the care of patients with endocrine disorders including diabetes in both an inpatient and outpatient setting and become experienced in the evaluation and management of patients with type I and II diabetes mellitus, disorders of pubertal growth and development, thyroid and other endocrine disorders.
Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics. The Endocrine System.
In addition to the standard considerations outlined on the clerkship evaluation form, the student will be expected to do an oral presentation of a pediatric endocrine topic.
- Honors: An exceptional performance which exceeds all course objectives
- High Pass: A performance which exceeds most course objectives
- Pass: A performance which meets the course objectives
- Fail: A performance which does not meet the course objectives