PEDI661KM.11 (Las Vegas)
Pediatric Forensic Medicine
Office of Medical Education
- Course Name: Pediatric Forensic Medicine
- Short Name: PEDI661KM.11 Pedi Forensic Med
- Course Number: PEDI661KM.11
- Location: Las Vegas
- Department: Department of Pediatrics: Las Vegas
Department Contact: Virginia Slywka
- Phone: (702) 671-2231
- Email: email@example.com
- Type: Clinical
- Length: 2 - 4 Weeks
- Preceptor: Sandra Cetl, M.D.
Please contact the Department of Pediatrics: Las Vegas to verify elective availability.
- The student should acquire basic knowledge of the functions of the forensic pathologist by becoming familiar with definitions and terms, diagnostic process, consultative practice and daily procedures utilized in forensic medicine.
Description of Rotation
In this course, the student will acquire an understanding of the role of forensic pathology in medicine,recognize characteristics and clinical findings in cases of physical child abuse, and become familiar with the interface of medicine in the legal system in regards to child abuse investigation and prosecution.
- Provided by Dr. Cetl
- Child Abuse Medical Diagnosis and Treatment, Robert M. Reece, Lee and Febiger (Pub.) Forensic Pathology, DiMaio and DiMaio, Elsevier (Pub.)
Standard pediatric clerkship evaluation form.
- Honors: An exceptional performance which exceeds all course objectives
- High Pass: A performance which exceeds most course objectives
- Pass: A performance which meets the course objectives
- Fail: A performance which does not meet the course objectives