Office of Medical Education
- Course Name: Pediatric Pulmonology
- Short Name: PEDI661NM.01 Pedi Pulmonology
- Course Number: PEDI661NM.01
- Location: Reno
- Department: Department of Pediatrics
Department Contact: Ginger Fenwick
- Phone: (775) 784-6170
- Email: email@example.com
- Type: Clinical
- Length: 1 - 2 Weeks
- Preceptor: Sonia Budhecha, M.D.
Please contact the Department of Pediatrics to verify elective availability.
- Understand how to examine and describe respiratory distress and common respiratory diseases in children.
- Understand the management of common respiratory diseases in children.
Description of Rotation
- See and present history, physical exam, and preliminary plan on outpatients with pulmonary disease two and a half days per week.
- Rounds in hospital four days per week.
- See new consults/admissions in hospital first, present to attending.
- Present case presentation during last week of rotation.
- One day per week reading day, see patients in hospital if applicable.
- Hillman, Pediatric Respiratory Disease
- Articles will be given to student on first day of rotation.
Standard pediatric clerkship evaluation form.
- Honors: An exceptional performance which exceeds all course objectives
- High Pass: A performance which exceeds most course objectives
- Pass: A performance which meets the course objectives
- Fail: A performance which does not meet the course objectives