PEDI661NM.11 (Las Vegas)
Office of Medical Education
- Course Name: Pediatric Pulmonology
- Short Name: PEDI661NM.11 Pedi Pulmonology
- Course Number: PEDI661NM.11
- Location: Las Vegas
- Department: Department of Pediatrics: Las Vegas
Department Contact: Virginia Slywka
- Phone: (702) 671-2231
- Email: email@example.com
- Type: Clinical
- Length: 4 Weeks
- Craig Nakamura, M.D.
- David Parks, M.D.
Please contact the Department of Pediatrics: Las Vegas to verify elective availability.
- The student will gain an understanding of the basic pathophysiology of common disorders of the pulmonary system and the evaluation and management of critical care pulmonary problems
Description of Rotation
The fourth-year student will assume increased responsibilities in terms of patient care and will act as an "intern" during this rotation. The student will directly admit all patients entering the service, evaluate all consultative patients, perform an initial assessment, develop a differential diagnosis and outline a diagnostic and therapeutic plan. Participation in noon conferences with expectations of presentation of a selected topic.
Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics. The Respiratory System.
- Honors: An exceptional performance which exceeds all course objectives
- High Pass: A performance which exceeds most course objectives
- Pass: A performance which meets the course objectives
- Fail: A performance which does not meet the course objectives